Thursday, April 2, 2009

The rest of Nurnberg


(Written March 30th)
I find it funny that was the last thing I said (I’ll explain later about yesterday). Well the day after we went to the castle we were planning on going to a neighboring town but it was too late and the weather wasn’t too fabulous so we decided to go to the zoo. I was really impressed at how close they let you get to all the animals. I also noticed there weren’t any coins in any of the ponds either; it was really nice. While the weather wasn’t too lovely I hadn’t been to the zoo in a while and it was really nice. It kind of re-instilled respect for all the animals I saw. Eating here is so funny. I’m so extremely more open to trying new food and if I get something I’m not too fond of I eat it anyway. I think of it as a bit of a challenge, like “just do it”. I’ve even eaten salad a few times! I need to start having this attitude towards food at home. It’s so different here because I don’t have the option of staying in my comfort zone and cooking for myself. I’ll try to be more open-minded this summer. The day after we went to the zoo we decided to go to the Scottish Festival. I really enjoyed watching the step dancing-and all the kilts were so great! I loved the culture of it all. It kind of made me wish I spent more time in Scotland, but I have to stop thinking like that. I know I will come back and it will be lovely and I’ll be able to explore more. I had some delicious fish and chips though! I started wearing my back brace again. I think I’m re-breaking it or whatever, its not good at all. Yesterday we went to the market because I really needed a coat as well as various other things. At first I figured this would be no big deal and that I could just figure it out on my own and go into town alone. However, this town confuses me more than anywhere I’ve ever been, it’s crazy! Anyway, Brigitta ended up coming into town with me and she said she was just going to wait at the coffee shop for me. I started off in a hurry because I didn’t want her to be waiting forever. I started out by getting lost and ending up on the edge of the townby the wall. I was so happy to finally make it back to the shops but then I couldn’t find a coat and I couldn’t find the coffee shop. I ended up walking around in circles for 2 hours. Turns out there are 2 churches and I was by the wrong one. I ended u finding the coffee shop and having some delicious chocolate cake. Anke even helped me find a coat! I was in such a good mood when we got home I organized all my stuff and spent some time on my own (which was much needed) and I painted my nails and tried to get the dumb dreads out of my hair-and failed. Nevertheless, it was really nice. Today we went to the bookstore because I was really concerned that I was going to run out of English books so I bought Naked lunch. I remember reading Junky on the plane on the way to Cali. It was super sunny out today so we walked for a while and took the bus to a lake by this place where Nazis used to assemble. The lake was really relaxing though and we spent some time on the patio of a nice fancy café. We had American food for dinner; it was really exciting! I found out someone that I knew in London that I wasn’t too sure about got arrested a few days ago for thievery. They even found a bunch of passports in his bag. I’m thinking he had my lomo camera too. That would be nice if I could get a hold of that. Ha, I liked my old passport picture much better anyway. I talked (kind of) to my parents about going back to London. Nick says he’s getting a flat or something like that. I’m also starting to plan my time with Chelsea. Couch Surfing seems like such a good way to meet people and save money. I don’t know why I wouldn’t do it. I could save money for London! Tomorrow we leave at 3, it’s going to be so cold! I’m really looking forward to, well, the rest of my life right now. There’s so much I’m looking forward to and nothing I’m dreading-right now. I hope it stays like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment